Sunday 16 July 2017

The Sandbag Soldier Takes Shape

Making some sort of progress but the whole thing is going to need a long time to dry and cure.  I am thinking of drilling some holes to help the drying process but it is a balance between that and structural integrity.


I don't really want too much anatomical correctness as I think it often detracts from the power of a piece by destroying its enigmatic qualities but once one has reached this stage some things look really odd otherwise.  If I could have halted earlier it might have been more successful but I am having to retrain myself to imagine in 3D and resist the pressure to keep refining.



I will still have to anchor it more firmly to the base and increase the depth of the chest area before adding his tunic.  I am not sure about the helmet - I might make that separately so I can see where it is best placed: on his head or in his left hand.

I must also get some drawings of a SMLE rifle - the forerunner of our No 4 rifle that we used until the SLR (based on the Belgian FN FAN rifle) came in when I was at Sandhurst.  The No 4 was an excellent weapon and so was the SLR.  My myopia did not stop me becoming a marksman but I had to use my own weapon all the time because it was carefully zeroed to match my astigmatism and my glasses.  (I cheated on the entry medical but lots of us did that)


I will give him a rest now and a chance to dry out while I get on with other things.

1 comment:

  1. Did you realize there is a 12 word phrase you can say to your crush... that will trigger intense emotions of love and instinctual attraction to you buried inside his heart?

    Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, please and look after you with all his heart...

    12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Love Response

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will drive him to try better than before to do his best at looking after your relationship.

    Matter of fact, fueling this dominant instinct is absolutely important to having the best possible relationship with your man that the second you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him open his soul and heart for you in such a way he never expressed before and he'll identify you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly fascinated him.

    ReplyDelete