Friday 31 August 2012

AFAS Summer Show - The Regular One

I am the publicity officer for the Society and also on the hanging team so this is a very busy time.  However I did manage to get my 6 paintings ready and mercifully all were selected.  Two have sold so far, one of which is another, much larger version of Old Harry Rocks, shown here with 'Crown Mines, Botallack', painted alongside David Pilgrim in May:


A little 'Sennen Against The Light', also painted on the Cornwall trip in May, was also sold.

Some more of the contemporary stuff included Francesca Bex's Butterfly Bomb series:


and Karl Hamilton-Cox's 'Skin Deep':


Karl's is acrylic on leather and very gothic!

The team has worked tirelessly and here are some shots of the weary bunch:


plus one of the hanging being done in the main gallery:



Next time I will report on the few excursions I have made with the pochade box in the past month, including a productive week at Westonbirt School.

No comments:

Post a Comment